To increase the chances of making it to a suitable engineering college, candidates must appear in COMEDK UGET and Unigauge combined entrance exam. Considered to be the second largest multi-university private engineering exam, COMEDK-unigauge is a gateway to 150 engineering institutions and 25 private universities. The exam is scheduled for May 13, 2018 and shall be administered in online mode in 140 cities at 375 centres
Get Latest Updates on COMEDK 2018
While COMEDK is for admissions to engineering and architecture colleges in Karnataka, Unigauge scores are accepted in over 100 institutes across India. The applications are invited till May 19, 2018 on the official website in online mode. The mock tests under the new pattern are available online.
Prior to 2018, these two entrances were conducted separately. While COMEDK UGET was conducted in offline mode in the state of Karnataka only, Unigauge was an online entrance conducted across India. In the current year, the two exams are scheduled on the same day in the same session as a combined entrance. However, willing candidates may even register for only one entrance exam by remitting a lesser fee than required for the combined entrance.
Candidates appearing in COMEDK- Unigauge shall appear in a single entrance test, however they will be issued separate scores cards for each entrance. By using COMEDK scorecard, candidates shall be eligible to apply for courses in Bachelors of Technology or Bachelors of Engineering at COMEDK participating member institutions. Likewise, Unigauge scores shall be accepted for admissions to Unigauge member institutions.
Benefits of Taking the Test
Engineering aspirants who aspire to appear in the combined entrance exam shall be entitled to a number of benefits, such as:
- Have More Options – JEE (Mains and Advanced) has a nerve wrecking effect on everyone. But it’s always advisable to be on safer side and have more options rather than completely relying on JEE scores. COMEDK-Uniguage scores acceptance in more than 150 educational institutions is an opportunity for a promising career.
- Reduces Financial Burden – Most of the premier institutions conduct their own entrance tests for admitting eligible candidates. Aspirants end up filling 5-6 entrance forms or more to ensure admission in a decent institution. The multiplicity of entrance exams is a financial burden on the guardians. Filling up a single entrance form for so many universities and institutions shall definitely be more economical.
- Lessens Preparation Burden – Appearing in multiple entrances exams has a direct effect on student’s performance. The combined entrance exam eases out the task of a student as they just have to appear in one three-hour online test.
- Convenient for all – The test is open for all India candidature. Moreover, it is conducted in over 140 cities making it convenient for aspirants as they can avoid travelling to other states or far off cities to take entrance tests, saving more money and time.
- Separate Scorecards – One exam with two separate score cards is the biggest advantage of COMEDK-Uni-GAUGE. Either they can apply at an institution within Karnataka or seek admissions outside the state.
COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental College of Karnataka”, an autonomous body that has been conducting Undergraduate Engineering Test (UGET) from past 15 years for admitting students to member institutions. Only institutes situated within the state of Karnataka fall under the purview of COMEDK. The entrance test is open for candidates across India.
Uni-GAUGE exam is a Computer Based Test administered by Educational Rating and Assessment Foundation in partnership with Tata Consultancy Services. The entrance exam shall offer admissions to Under-Graduate Engineering courses offered at Member Universities/institutions of ERA Foundation.