Wednesday , August 15 2018
Breaking News
Home / INDIA / J&K: Pakistan carries out relentless unprovoked ceasefire violations

J&K: Pakistan carries out relentless unprovoked ceasefire violations

Pakistan is refusing to mend its ways. It’s troops carried out ceasefire violations in a wide area on Tuesday along the Line of Control and the International Border leading to 8 people getting injured. On Monday, an 8-month-old and a woman were killed apart from some others getting injured. Home Minister Rajnath Singh came down hard on Pakistan for its machinations to keep Jammu & Kashmir on edge despite the Centre’s decision to halt anti-terror operations in the state during the holy month of Ramzan which has led to improvement of law and order in the state.

Pakistan’s ceasefire violations in Jammu and Kashmir from Akhnoor to Samba during the holy Ramzan period have been incessant. Even civilians have not been spared. BSF jawans have responded with ferocity on India’s behalf imposing heavy cost on Pakistan but refuses to learn any lessons.

Several Pakistan posts and bunkers have been blown up by Indian troops in recent days. But Pakistan has still been directing gunfire and mortar in Arnia, RS Pura sectors apart from villages close to the boundary. Monday saw Pak troops target border outposts and villages which lead to an 8-month-old baby getting killed and 6 people including a Special Police Officer getting injured. The injured also included 3 women but one of them died later.

Indian troops are also responding with full force to Pakistan’s firing. Meanwhile, Home Minister Rajnath Singh has warned Pakistan over the repeated ceasefire violations. He said Indian troops won’t fire first..but will respond if fired upon.

The Home Minister clearly said that India’s neighbour does not peace and its motives need to be evaluated.

2 days earlier, a BSF jawan and 4 civilians had been killed in Pakistan’s ceasefire violation in Jammu district. People living in border villages have fled their homes to escape Pakistan’s assault. All schools within 5 kms of the border have been shutdown as a precautionary measure. The administration has deployed police forces in border areas to help those affected reach safety. Relief camps have been set up to ensure those displaced by Pakistan’s ceasefire violations face minimum hardship. J&K Chief Minsiter Mehbooba Mufti met those affected and termed their predicament unfortunate. The Centre has also come down hard on Pakistan’s misdeed saying it is dishonouring Islam by killing innocents during the holy month of Ramzan.

Meanwhile, J&K Police has said that the centre’s decision to conditionally halt anti-terror operations has led to an improvement in the law and order situation particularly in South Kashmir.

The state’s DGP S P Vaid tweeted. “The Ramzan ceasefire has been successful thus far. The initiative of Hon’ble PM has helped in general improvement in law & order. The situation especially in south Kashmir has eased & is serving as confidence Building Measure for families who want their boys to return back home”

The Central govt had directed security forces not to carry out anti-terror operations in Jammu and Kashmir during the month of Ramzan to allow peaceful observance of the holy period. But it had also said that if troops are attacked..they are free to hit back. After the Centre unilateral move, J&K DGP had appealed to the kin of Kashmiri terrorists to urge them to shun violence and join the mainstream. Reports say there have been over 750 incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistan so far this year killing 38 people including 18 troops. Clearly, Pakistan wants to keep Jammu & Kashmir on edge, while its people simply want to live in peace.

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Wait